14 September 2011

being home.

"How old do you think the tree is?" my mom asks to my dad as I begin to count the rings,
"What Savo, you think each line represents a thousand years or something?" says my Dad as if I am a complete dumb-ass. My mother and I start to laugh hysterically.
"No, each one is one year Dad." I reply cooly.
"So you think this is real?" he replies.
"No dad, they implanted the tree here, then carved it out, in fact-it is made of cement and this new synthetic  paint that appears to be a tree, almost bark-like you could say. Then they set up the light so that it hits just so, giving the illusion that in fact it is a tree. Can you believe the trouble they went to?!" I say back to him.
"Savo, I don't think so." as he walks away laughing at my theory that this is in fact a real tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment