14 September 2011

Traveling Pants

     Tis I, the lil' Russian dumpling with some lovely hand-me-downs. Damn straight, all the way from New York..my momma went back East for a family reunion this past August, which I of course missed (again) : (



But, she brought back with her this mighty'o treasure. Apparently my Grandma gave them to her and said that she was too tired of holding onto them..and now she (my mother) doesn't (didn't) know what to with them-so I grabbed them as if it was a no brainer and put them on. Not to my surprise they fit magically, and now I too have my very own pair of traveling pants, well shorts really.











And so the lineage begins:

     First they were my mom's Levi jeans back when she was in high school, perhaps her favorite pair. Very stylish indeed, "you should have seen the bell on these" according to mommy dearest. She also took them to Brazil when she lived there for her junior year, where she embroidered 'cogumelos' (mushrooms) and added many other embellishments..



Thus turning the Levi jeans into short shorts. 



Now, some thirty/forty years later-they are mine...did I mention they fit absolutely perfectly?

And to think I was always ridiculously jealous of all of the girls in my class that had hand-me-downs from the seventies..













My embellishments are still in the works..right now I am focussing on patching up all the holes first, a final picture to follow ;)

2 comments: