24 July 2011

Dear Diary,

     I have been having a super bad case of anxiety lately. I don't know what it is, but I have had a plethora of nightmares, yikes..all of which are not fun! Most interesting is the fact that I have had one of my vols. in two of them..I still can't figure it out. I am losing so much sleep because I am too afraid to close my eyes, goodness this is not good! So, I shall retell them for you here (the abridged version):

  1. My first dream took place in San Rafael, on Highway 101 in-between the Central San Rafael Exit and the Lincoln one. I was a slave, and we would walk down in a line in chains, going from one end to the other. By the end of the dream I found myself a mermaid (yeah I know, this is pretty cray-cray) made of paint, and me and my vol. painted our way out of slavery by disguising our art into a mirage. Then we slipped over the side of the freeway wall, and on the other side it was as if nothing had happened, it was regular downtown San Rafael. 
  2. My second dream took place here in Honduras, but we were at Midterm and one of my vols. had an extreme case of Scabies. Basically, if the vol. were to get it again..they should just 'suck it up' until debriefing..unless it was horrendous, and in which case I would take them to the clinic. So my vol. comes up to me, "I'm so sorry Sav, but I can't suck it up anymore..I am so itchy!" and so I look up form my paperwork, and she looked practically Albino, and she is Asian. She had scratched away all of her skin. I was in shock and didn't know what to do, so I went to the Project Director Julia for advice. The only problem was that she thought that I was exaggerating. So I held up a picture that I had taken of the vol. and she just screamed..for quite some time. She finally calmed herself down and then gave me a prescription for 15 grams of a certain medicine. I send the vol. off, back to community and the next week on Route she still has Scabies..because she only used 14 grams. (Slash this is the same vol. from the first dream.)
  3. My last dream that I was lucky enough to have did not involve any of my vols. but instead I was back in the US and actually even in Santa Cruz. Nina (a colleague and peer of mine) was also in the dream, as well as my mom. The dream went more or less like this: I was being kidnapped for an extended period of time, and there was nothing I could do. I would come home (and my real mom would be there) and then boom, she wouldn't do anything. She did mention that it was pretty common to be kidnapped like how I was, and that even our next-door neighbor Jackson was snatched up the other day, but he hasn't been back..as in I was the lucky one and should not complain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment