03 July 2011

This would not be Central America if:

To seguir adelante como la Juliana in her Male Privilege Project..well not really but it is really quite nice, and you should check it out anyways-

I present you with:

This would not be Central America if:

  • When I walk down the street, I get cat calls.
  • When I go to someone's house they say 'Pase adelante' before they even know who I am.
  • When I hop into someone's pick-up truck the men give me their seat.
  • When I walk through communities they send their child with me so the dogs don't eat me.
  • When I walk from one house to another, the dogs bark at you without stopping.
  • When I do anything, I appear incompetent because 1) I am a gringa and 2) I am woman.
  • When you try and cook something on the stove, you get electrocuted.
  • When you live with Florian, there are no bananas in the house-ever.
  • When you go out on route, you look like a dork-and when you come back, you are still a dork, a bit dirtier,  and radiating happiness (if you didn't have a sick vol.)

1 comment: