12 June 2011

Route

I arrived yesterday after a 7 hour bus ride to Intibuca, and then some to Staff House. Somehow I made it on both flights and ended up getting both stand-by spots. The spots were confirmed of course after I could be that hysterical person on public transportation, so that is nice..

Today we crammed in briefing for some 8 hours and now, some dinner and route prep.We got our communities, and they look so great!
A description of how to get to one of my four communities:
"Walk to the end of La Esperanza (about an hour) and then when you get to the fork in the road go left. Walk across the bridge and when you get to the mountain, you have reached the beginning of the community. From there it is a strenuous half hour hike up to the community, and each meal will be about and hour and a half from eachother."
This is it, I am heading on Survey for Amigos and completing demography concensus material for my research. Yikes, this is all very exciting and at the same time I have no idea how I will get any of this completed, vamos a ver..

No comments:

Post a Comment