17 June 2011

Survey Complete!




Community Uno: El Tablón
Mainly Catholic community of about 450 people and some 82 families. There is a Primaria, Secundaria and Jardin de Ninos. The host family is amazing, and had vols. in some odd years ago..No electricity, partial water from the tank above (rainwater) and awesome teachers in the school.

Community Dos: El Cerrón
Smaller community, and super spread apart..The host family didn't feed me which I found pretty weird, but I just went to another house and asked for food, so overall good community. Mostly Catholic, and larger sized families, slash everyone is related.

Comunidad Tres: San Fernando
This community has electricity AND running water! Whoever lives in this one will be living quite comfortably. When I got there the Grupo de Mujeres were making pan de trigo to sell around the community, slash SO excited to do focus groups with them. School-wise I will be honest, can I report abuse? Without getting into specifics, the teachers, well one teacher in particiular is not very nice and does not treat the children right. Leaving me in a canundrum, do I approach the teacher, and nothing is done? Do I let it be, and let the children get hurt?

Comunidad Quatro: Chogola
The smallest of the communities, this one is closest to the capital of Intibuca, with a total of 32 families and less than 230 people. The host family is located a 45 hike from the school up the steeepest hill that even cars have difficulty driving up it. Good luck vols.

No comments:

Post a Comment