11 August 2011


hemorrhoid |ˈhem(ə)ˌroid| ( Brit. haemorrhoid)
noun (usu. hemorrhoids)
a swollen vein or group of veins in the region of the anus. Also (collectively) called piles .
DERIVATIVES
hemorrhoidal |ˌhem(ə)ˈroidl| adjective
ORIGIN late Middle English : via Old French and Latin from Greek haimorrhoides (phlebes) ‘bleeding (veins),’ from haima ‘blood’ + an element related to rhein ‘to flow.’

Let us just say that this was a fun exam to have in Dr. Rigo’s office—it was genuinely one of my fondest memories here in Honduras. 

The highlight from this lil’ visit? 

I don’t think I can say-somewhere between the medication prescribed is: a butt cream, a poop blander, and amoeba fighting agents and the exam itself…perhaps it is just too close to even judge.

2 comments:

  1. 1. For some reason I have totally not been following your blog lately! I guess it's because you haven't been posting it to Facebook? I assumed that you had stopped blogging for a bit.... moral of the story is that I just caught up!

    2. You got a hemorrhoid? shit, seriously?!!? That sucks! When I was in community, I had a vaginal rash for a bit and, being 17 I was totally dreading having to tell anyone much less go to the doctor. Luckily, it went away, but I was sooooo embarrassed to tell anyone! Lol, a hemorrhoid must have been supa fun though.

    3. I miss you so much. I can't wait to skype when you get back!!1

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, yes, I don't always post to FB..unless I am really proud and think that it is adorable. Goodness, well in this case I think it was more that in my Route we played Battleshit...are u familiar with this one? Anywho, I did not win, and then go figure once the lil' kiddos leave I would get a hemorroid..which would mean sooooo many points!

    Second, u should always follow my blog haha.

    Thirdlu, I miss u too, and I can't wait to skype with u as well. Perhaps when I head down to San Jose, we could skype, u, me and Toots.

    Love u!

    ReplyDelete