03 May 2011

If I could, I would go back and prevent this from happening,
If I could, I would prevent the poisoning-
I'd event take away cadmium, uranium,
And all the other 'ium's from the Period Table of Elements

While I'm at it, I will make laws that will diable you from being cheated-
That will acknowledge your rights,

Well, while I'm at it,
I will make the world a place where something like this would never happen,
Where laws aren't even needed-
Where toxic chemicals weren't handled as if you were sifting flour;
    For you see with flour you have to be careful, but if a lil' bit spills-it's just flour.

In the dearest of apologies, I apologize for what laws were not made,
I apologize that you had to live next to the plant,
That you inhaled toxins since you took your first breath,
That you lost three babies, due to miscarriages,

Too bad my apologies make no difference.

*Inspired by "The Silicon Valley of Dreams" - Environmental [In]justice tear-jerker

No comments:

Post a Comment